“Helping Educators and Students Go Above and Beyond”
Grant requests will be voted on by the FDCS Foundation Board. Board members will review the grant request, and both the building supervisor and superintendent’s remarks. If possible, we ask that you plan to present your idea to the Board. You will receive notification by email of the date and time. The mission of the Foundation is to enhance education. Approvals are based on impact, measurable outcomes, budget and whether or not other funding sources may be available.
Foundation funds are limited to Fort Dodge Community School District employees.
- The purpose of the grant project must complement the District’s mission and curriculum goals.
- The grant project must have a designated time frame for completion.
- The grant project must have measurable objectives.
- If the grant is for a Department or Building, a project director must be named to assume overall administrative responsibilities for the grant project and all related correspondence.
- Recipients must adhere to all District financial guidelines and policies.
Please complete the application in full and give to your building Principal or Supervisor by the 15th of November for Fall requests and by the 15th of April for Spring requests.
Notification of Recipients and Funds:
- Proposals shall be competitively reviewed by the Foundation Board.
- Funds for approved grants will be deposited into the District account.
- Any unused funds will be returned to the Foundation after the completion of the grant project.
- Products or equipment purchased with the grant funds becomes the property of the FDCS District.
- Recipients may be asked to attend a Foundation Board meeting to discuss their grant project.
- Recipients are expected to engage in follow-up with the FDCS Foundation Director which could include photos, video or interviews on the project.
- Staff member:
- Complete all sections
- Email/give document to your principal/supervisor
- Add recommendations, signature and date
- Forward to Superintendent
- Superintendent will review, make recommendations, sign and date, then forward to President of the Foundation. The FDCS Foundation Board will act on requests during its December and May meetings.